Saturday, April 02, 2011

Happiness Is.....

.....A Laura Ashley Pale Blue Polka Dot Covered Potting Bench !!


Look what my lovely man made for me today. An example of how to make a cheap potting bench look a whole lot more exciting......And I was even more excited when it fitted perfectly in the corner of my greenhouse. Fab ! Made sowing veg seeds even more of a pleasure than normal. Mug of tea, Dermot on the radio and the sun on my back - Happy Saturday !


And here's how it started life - as a £20 Morrisons potting bench. Bought a £2 piece of oilcloth in from the remnants bin at Laura Ashley, and hey presto !

List of things planted/sown today - tomatoes, spring onions (red and white) salad leaves, dwarf and climbing beans, borlotti beans, charlotte new spuds, with a row of fast growing radishes on top (Just like Monty told us to on Gardeners World this week).

Noticed the broad beans peeping their little heads through the soil for the first time, as well as the leeks that I planted last weekend. So exciting !

No comments:

Post a Comment