Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mothers Day

Had a great day with my lovely family for Mother's Day. We all met in Warwick, half way between Windsor (where my sister, her partner Mat and son Sam live) and Sandbach, where I live with my other half. Our other sister hitched a lift with us from our house. Had lunch in a great little place called 7 Square (www.7square.co.uk) where the staff were great - really accommodating and helpful, and the food was fab too. Highly recommended. Lots of lovely presents were exchanged, and I had made some daft little easter eggs for my nephew Sam. Unfortunately had made the schoolboy error of not hard boiling them before I soaked them in food colouring, so I'm not sure how long they will last until they are splattered on my sister's carpet - Sorry Helen !!!

I also baked a yummy Bakewell tart for my Mummy, which I carefully packaged and took down to Warwick. "Unfortunately" in all the chaos when we said goodbye, I forgot to give it to her.  Oops ! I did send her a picture of it when I got home though......!

No comments:

Post a Comment